1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup sliced carrots (about 2 large)
3 cups diced red potatoes (about 2 large)
3 cups frozen sweet corn
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 t dried thyme
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/3 cup raw cashews
For the Chickpeas:
1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1/2 T curry powder
1 T coconut oil
Sliced green onions
- Combine broth, carrots, potatoes, corn, onion, bay leaf, and thyme in a large pot and bring to a bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile combine coconut oil, chickpeas, and curry powder in a skillet over medium high heat. Fry beans, stirring frequently, until they are nice and crispy. Remove from heat.
- Combine almond milk and cashews in a high powered blender. Add about 2 cups of the corn mixture and blend until creamy. Return to the corn mixture and stir to combine. Salt to taste and reheat if needed.
- Scoop corn chowder into individual bowls and top with crispy chickpeas.
- Garnish with sliced green onions