- 8-10 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 5 baby carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel tomatoes by cutting an X into the bottom of each tomato. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and immerse tomatoes. Let them boil for about 2 minutes or until you can see the skin starting to detach. Remove each tomato and dunk in a bowl of ice water. The skin should then slip off easily.
- Cut tomatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into large dices and add to a large pot.
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning and bring to a simmer adding several tablespoons of water as needed to keep wet, but not overly runny.
- Continue simmering until vegetables are very tender, about 2-3 hours.
- Add fresh herbs and salt and pepper
- Using a hand blender or food processor, roughly blend ingredients together to make a delicious chunky pizza paste.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)