This is not your typical zucchini bread. It is definitely not as sweet as most zucchini breads, but that is the way I like it. It is sweetened slightly with agave, molasses, and banana. Although it is not as sweet and moist as your typical zucchini bread, there is something addicting about it.
- 2 T Flax seed
- 5 T Warm Water
- ¼ cup Molasses
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 ½ t cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, unpeeled
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- Combine flax seed meal and warm water, let sit for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon; mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together molasses, oil, sugar, vanilla, and flax until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet; stir in zucchini and banana
- Bake for 55-60 minutes
- Let cool completely before slicing.