- 1 cup Red lentils (the kind of lentils does matter)
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, diced
- 3 stalks of kale, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- The juice of 1 lime
- Pepper to taste
- Pour a small amount of water to a large stock pot (about ¼ cup) and heat to a medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add lentils and broth to pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add celery, carrot, sweet potato, & mushroom. Cook for about 30 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- When there is about 3-4 minutes remaining, add Kale, lime juice, and pepper to the pot.
- Stew is ready when Kale is wilted. Serves 4.
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)